The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results for the Class of 2017 have arrived, and we are understandably proud! 94 students were full IB Diploma candidates. Their results are as follows:
- MIS IB Diploma average = 34.3 (World average = 30)
- MIS IB Diploma pass rate = 96% (World average = 80%)
- MIS IB average subject grade = 5.34 (World subject grade average = 4.76)
- 2 MIS students achieved perfect results with 45 points
- 14% of the subject grades earned by MIS students were a perfect “7”
At MIS, one important way we measure student growth and achievement is through our annual administration of the International Schools Assessment (ISA) to students in Grades 3 through 8. The ISA is a standardised assessment programme that measures skills in mathematical literacy, reading and writing of students in international schools. ISA scores allow comparison of student performance in international schools to the performance of students in national systems, due to the compatibility of ISA tests with the tests of the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA). It also always us to benchmark against like schools regionally and world-wide.
While our students consistently score above the world average on this assessment, in 2017 Munich International School students have set new records for academic performance at multiple grade levels, surpassing previous levels and ranking MIS students’ performance in Grade 8 above those of all national systems, including Singapore and Finland.
Congratulations to the Class of 2016 for their outstanding results!
Munich International School is delighted to announce a 100% pass-rate for 2016 full IB Diploma students and an IB Diploma average of 34.5.
Munich International School is proud of all students who achieved even more than they thought possible, as well as the teachers and parents who guided, taught, supported and believed in the MIS Class of 2016.
Members of the Munich International School class of 2015 achieved sensational results on their IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma examinations. Aside from generally very good results, a number of students significantly surpassed their personal performance goals. Additionally, 13 students in the class of 2015 scored 40 points or above (a phenomenal result) and 7 students achieved a perfect German Grade point Average (GPA/Durchschnittsnote) of 1.0.
Among the many points of pride:
- Two students achieved a perfect IB Diploma score of 45 points (only a small handful of students world-wide achieve this distinction)
- Seven students scored a perfect 1.0 GPA on the German scale (Abiturdurchschnittsnote)
- Thirteen students scored 40 IB Diploma points or above (phenomenal result!)
- 32 students scored at least a 1.X GPA on the German scale (Abiturdurchschnittsnote)